Play Submission Policy
To submit plays for consideration of production at Barter Theatre, please use the following guidelines:
- Letter of inquiry
- List of characters
- First 10 pages of sample dialogue
- If musical, please include a sample CD of three songs
- Submission may be made emailed or mailed
- The Cast of Heaven Sent by Rick Whelan
Other Policy Notes
- Barter does not accept unsolicited manuscripts
- Barter does not generally produce one-act plays nor plays with extremely urban themes.
- Barter does produce plays for Young Audiences, whether one-acts or full length.
Plays with an Appalachian Theme or by an Appalachian Playwright are encouraged to submit via
Barter Theatre's Appalachian Festival of Plays and Playwrights
America began as an idea. Who are we? Where did we come from? How did we get there?
The Shaping of America: The stories you won't find in history books.
What's your idea? Submit a proposal for Barter Theatre's Shaping of America Series
Via US Post Office: PO Box 867, Abingdon, VA 24212-0867
Via Commercial Carrier: 160 Cummings Street, Abingdon, VA 24210
No Phone Calls, Please
Please allow six to nine months for response to inquiry submission.
For requested script, allow 12 months for response.
|Ashley Campos in A Southern Exposure (mini-production 2010) by Kelly Kingston-Strayer. This play made it's world premiere in 2011.